Now Available: Digital Wedding Photographer’s Planner

Digital Wedding Photographers Planner by Kenny Kim

Digital Wedding Photographer's Planner - Book by Kenny Kim

Digital Wedding Photographers Planner by Kenny Kim

Digital Wedding Photographer's Planner - Book by Kenny Kim

I am filled with emotion as I write this blog post. I am proud, humbled, amazed, thankful + probably about 10 other adjectives that I cannot think of right now when I think about the fact that I am now an author. Thank you Wiley Press for giving me the opportunity to write a book that I am passionate about. I am really thankful for many people out there that have given me so many opportunities to be where I am today and this is yet another major milestone in my career.

If you had asked me five years ago what I would be doing now, I doubt being a wedding photographer or writing a book would have been my answer. The truth is, I really had no clue what I was going to do. I probably would have guessed working in sports management or managing a coffee shop or possibly working for a top design agency, or even better: a sports photographer. But my life took a different path to wedding photography, and for the first time in my life, I have found something I am really passionate about.

By picking up this book, you are either considering becoming a full-time photographer or perhaps you already started and need a little direction. While there are many planning guides available for couples, this is one for designed you, the wedding photographer. The more prepared you are the more you can concentrate on taking the photographs and getting the images that will delight your clients. In this planner you will find numerous tips and checklists from the more than 100 weddings I have photographed in the past four years, as well as some lessons I learned from other photographers. It covers everything you need to think about and plan for when it comes to photographing a wedding—from the initial meeting with the prospective clients and how to make a good first impression, through the various stages of the wedding how you can deliver the final product to the newlyweds. Just remember that nothing here is really set in stone. The beauty of this industry is that you can study books like this and make it your own.

Welcome to wedding photography. You are in a community of people who will help and encourage to you become a better photographer. Think of this book as just a starting point—the tip of the iceberg. Use it to develop your own style and explore new ways to doing things. I hope you find this profession as rewarding and fulfilling as I have.

For more information, visit: Wiley Press

You can purchase a copy at:
Amazon
Books-A-Million
Barnes & Noble
Borders
Wiley

Be Sociable, Share!

Facebook comments:

15 Responses to “Now Available: Digital Wedding Photographer’s Planner”

1. Pamela says:

eek! so excited to get mine, Kenny!!!

2. Kelli says:

Just ordered it & can’t wait to get it!

3. HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on your first book my friend! So excited for you man.

4. Nicole Chan says:

This is amazing!! Congratulations!! 🙂

5. Amazing accomplishment! Your a magnet for all things good.

6. Sangeeta says:

Wooow! Congrats Kenny…looking forward to reading the book 🙂

Sangeeta

7. Just bought my copy. 🙂 MAJOR CONGRATS Kenny!! What an amazing accomplishment.

8. Kenny Kim says:

Thanks so much everyone for your support! It’s really encouraging to see everyone’s comments.

9. Grace Kim says:

You go Kenny! It’s been amazing watching you grow in your craft at the speed of light! Congratulations!

10. Luna says:

Congrats!! I have been following your blog for a while, and I love your work. Keep it up!!!

11. Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by davidburke: RT @kennykim: Blog Update: Now Available – Digital Wedding Photographer’s Planner by Kenny Kim: http://bit.ly/8X6G4K

12. Congratulation for your amazing accomplishments! I can’t wait for my shipment that should be coming soon. Kenny, you are one of my idol in wedding photography.
    Again, Congrats!!!

13. […] Thanks so much to Kenny Kim for hanging out on the floor at Skip’s Summer School with me. Check out Digital Wedding Photographers Planner by Kenny Kim at: http://blog.kennykim.com/2010/04/digital-wedding-photographers-planner-book-kenny-kim/ […]

14. I received your book in the mail yesterday (took 3 weeks to arrive as I live in Sydney, Australia) and I couldn’t put it down. It was so lovely to read with lots of tips and helpful lessons. I can also see it being a quick reference guide to shake off any jitters the night before a wedding booking.

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge x

15. kennykim says:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write Danielle! Wow, I can’t believe it made it all the way to Australia. I plan on visiting Yervant in Melbourne sometime in the near future. Let’s connect then!